Scientific Journals (listed in SCI, Scopus) 2017
1.Balomenos, A.D., Tsakanikas, P., Aspridou, Z., Tampakaki, A.P., Koutsoumanis, K.P. and Manolakos, E.S. 2017. Image analysis driven single-cell analytics for systems microbiology. BMC Systems Biology, 11: article no. 43.
2.Bosnea, L.A., Moschakis, T. and Biliaderis, C.G. 2017. Microencapsulated cells of Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei in biopolymer complex coacervates and their function in a yogurt matrix. Food and Function, 8: 554-562.
3.Bosnea, L.A., Moschakis, T., Nigam, P.S. and Biliaderis, C.G. 2017. Growth adaptation of probiotics in biopolymer-based coacervate structures to enhance cell viability. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 77: 282-289.
4.Chasekioglou, A., Goula, A.M., Adamopoulos, K.G. and Lazarides, H.N. 2017. An approach to turn olive mill wastewater into a valuable food by-product based on spray drying in dehumidified air using drying aids. Powder Technology, 311: 376–389.
5.Dagnas, S., Gougouli, M., Onno, B., Koutsoumanis, K.P. and Membré, J.-M. 2017. Quantifying the effect of water activity and storage temperature on single spore lag times of three moulds isolated from spoiled bakery products. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 240: 75-84.
6. Diamanti A.C., Igoumenidis P.E., Mourtzinos I., Yannakopoulou K. and Karathanos V.T. 2017. Green extraction of polyphenols from whole pomegranate fruit using cyclodextrins. Food Chemistry, 214: 61–66.
7. Dimakopoulou-Papazoglou D. and Katsanidis E. 2017. Effect of maltodextrin, sodium chloride, and liquid smoke on the mass transfer kinetics and storage stability of osmotically dehydrated beef meat. Food and Bioprocess Technology, 10(11): 2034-2045.
8. Drogoudi, P., Gerasopoulos, D., Kafkaletou, M. and Tsantili, E. 2017. Phenotypic characterization of qualitative parameters and antioxidant contents in peach and nectarine fruit and changes after jam preparation. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 97 (10): 3374-3383.
9. Drosou, C.G., Krokida, M.K. and Biliaderis, C.G. 2017. Encapsulation of bioactive compounds through electrospinning/electrospraying and spray drying: A comparative assessment of food related applications. Drying Technology, 35: 139-162.
10. Gkana, E., Chorianopoulos, N., Grounta, A., Koutsoumanis, K. and Nychas, G.-J.E. 2017. Effect of inoculum size, bacterial species, type of surfaces and contact time to the transfer of foodborne pathogens from inoculated to non-inoculated beef fillets via food processing surfaces. Food Microbiology, 62: 51-57.
13. Goula, A.M., Ververi, M., Adamopoulou, A. and Kaderides, K. 2017. Green ultrasound-assisted extraction of carotenoids from pomegranate wastes using vegetable oils. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 34: 821–830.
15. Kakagianni, M., Aguirre, J.S., Lianou, A. and Koutsoumanis, K.P. 2017. Effect of storage temperature on the lag time of Geobacillus stearothermophilus individual spores. Food Microbiology, 67: 76-84.
16. Kiritsakis, K., Melliou, E., Magiatis, P. and Gerasopoulos, D. 2017. Enhancement of bioactive phenols and quality values of olive oil by recycling olive mill waste water. JAOCS, Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, 94 (8): 1077-1085.
17. Kiritsakis, K., Rodríguez-Pérez, C., Gerasopoulos, D. and Segura-Carretero, A. 2017. Olive oil enrichment in phenolic compounds during malaxation in the presence of olive leaves or olive mill wastewater extracts. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, 119 (9), article no. 1600425.
18. Korompokis, K., Igoumenidis, P. E., Mourtzinos, I. and Karathanos, V.T. 2017. Green extraction and simultaneous inclusion complex formation of Sideritis scardica polyphenols. International Food Research Journal, 24: 1233-1238.
19. Koutsoumanis, K.P. and Aspridou, Z. 2017. Individual cell heterogeneity in Predictive Food Microbiology: Challenges in predicting a “noisy” world. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 240: 3-10.
20. Kouzounis, D., Lazaridou, A. and Katsanidis, E. 2017. Partial replacement of animal fat by oleogels structured with monoglycerides and phytosterols in frankfurter sausages. Meat Science, 130: 38-46.
23. Michailidis, M., Karagiannis, E., Tanou, G., Karamanoli, K., Lazaridou, A., Matsi, T. and Molassiotis A. 2017. Metabolomic and physico-chemical approach unravel dynamic regulation of calcium in sweet cherry fruit physiology. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 116: 68-79.
25. Moschakis, T., Dergiade I., Lazaridou A., Biliaderis C.G. and Katsanidis E. 2017. Modulating the physical state and functionality of phytosterols by emulsification and organogel formation: application in a model yoghurt system. Journal of Functional Foods, 33: 386-395.
26. Nanou, K., Roukas, T., Papadakis, E. and Kotzekidou, P. 2017. Carotene production from waste cooking oil by Blakeslea trispora in a bubble column reactor: The role of oxidative stress. Engineering in Life Sciences, 17: 775-780.
28. Nikolaidis, A., Andreadis, M. and Moschakis, T. 2017. Effect of heat, pH, ultrasonication and ethanol on the denaturation of whey protein isolate using a newly developed approach in the analysis of difference-UV spectra. Food Chemistry, 232: 425–433.
29. Patras, Α., Stoleru, V., Filimon, R.V., Padureanou, S., Chelariu, E.L. and Biliaderis, C.G. 2017. Influence of sodium and maturity stage on the antioxidant properties of cauliflower and broccoli sprouts. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca, 45: 458-465.
30. Perez-Quirce, S. Ronda, F., Lazaridou, A. and Biliaderis, C. G. 2017. Effect of microwave radiation pretreatment of rice flour on gluten-free breadmaking and molecular size of β-glucans in the fortified breads. Food and Bioprocess Technology, 10: 1412-1421.
31. Perez-Quirce, S., Ronda, F., Lazaridou, A. and Biliaderis, C.G. 2017. Effect of β-glucan molecular weight on rice flour dough rheology, quality parameters and in vitro starch digestibility. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 82: 446-453.
32. Soteriou, G.A., Siomos, A.S., Gerasopoulos, D., Rouphael, Y., Georgiadou, S. and Kyriacou, M.C. 2017. Biochemical and histological contributions to textural changes in watermelon fruit modulated by grafting. Food Chemistry, 237: 133-140.
Βιβλία - Κεφάλαια σε βιβλία
1. Goula, A.M. and Gerasopoulos, D. 2017. Integrated olive mill waste (OMW) processing towards complete by-Product recovery of functional components. In Olives and Olive oil as Functional Foods: Bioactivity, Chemistry and Processing (Eds.: Kiritsakis A.P. & Sahidi F.), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., New York, USA, pp. 177–204.
2. Goula, A.M., Kiritsakis, K. and Kiritsakis, A. 2017. Application of HACCP and traceability in olive oil mills and Packaging units and their effect on quality and functionality. In Olives and Olive oil as Functional Foods: Bioactivity, Chemistry and Processing (Eds.: Kiritsakis A.P. & Sahidi F.), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., New York, USA, pp. 147–176.
3. Kiritsakis, K. and Gerasopoulos D. 2017. Production of phenol-enriched olive oil. In Olives and Olive oil as Functional Foods: Bioactivity, Chemistry and Processing (Eds.:Kiritsakis A.P. & Sahidi F.), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., New York, USA, pp. 401–410.
4. Lazarides, H.N. and Goula, A.M. 2017. Sustainability and ethics along the food supply chain. In Food Ethics in Food Studies Education (Eds.: Costa R. & Pittia P.), Springer Publishing Co., New York, USA, pp. 41–61.
5. Mourtzinos, I. and Biliaderis, C.G. 2017. Principles and applications of encapsulation technologies to food materials. In Thermal and Non-Thermal Encapsulation Methods (Ed.: M. K. Krokida), CRC Press, pp. 1-37.